FAMILY-RUN COMPANY MEANS COMBINING TRADITION AND INNOVATION.
Storopack is a specialist in protective packaging and technical molded parts. As a global, family-run company, tradition and innovation play a key role in everything we do. Our aim is to offer customers the perfect protective packaging solution and support them over the long term – this idea is what shapes our daily activities.
Established as a family-run company in 1874, Storopack has been operating under the name Storopack Hans Reichenecker GmbH since 1959 and is located in Metzingen, Germany. The company is organized into two divisions: the Molding division produces tailored protective packaging and technical molded parts from expanded foams for a variety of industries.
The Packaging division offers flexible protective packaging with air cushions, paper pads, PU foam packaging systems, loose-fill packaging materials, and their integration into existing packaging processes.
With certified production facilities and locations around the world, Storopack has a decentralized structure and is always in close proximity to the customer. 2,430 employees work at 68 locations in 19 countries around the world and our products are available in more than 60 countries. As a global, family-run company, we’re aware of our responsibility towards society and the economy and not only want to assume it, but also actively help shape it. Our Vision & Guidelines form the basis of our activities.
The Molding division produces tailored protective packaging, temperature-controlled packaging, and technical molded parts made of the plastics EPS, EPP, Neopor®, and Piocelan®. Typical applications include automotive, pharmaceuticals, and foods. They are also used as packaging for major appliances, information and communications technology, electronics, temperature-sensitive medicines, and foods, as well as in other industries.
We work with cutting-edge technology at our technology center: with our CAD development department, prototype construction options, the prototype center with CNC milling machine, our testing lab with drop test system, and the environmental chamber for temperature simulation, we always develop, manufacture, and test our products in line with the highest standards. The Molding division is represented by certified production plants in Europe and China.
The Packaging division offers flexible protective packaging with air cushions (AIRplus®), paper pads (PAPERplus®), PU foam packaging (FOAMplus®), and loose-fill packaging materials (PELASPAN® PAC and RENATURE®). Comprehensive analysis of existing packaging processes that takes into account the aspects of speed and flexibility as well as ergonomics, efficiency, and efficacy at the packaging workstation (Working Comfort®) allows us to provide our customers with equipment based on their needs.
Whether individual packaging workstations or complete packaging lines, manual, semiautomatic, or fully automatic packaging systems – our application engineers are always optimizing the protective packaging process, so we can offer customers the optimal solution at all times. The Packaging division is represented with locations in Europe, North America, South America, Asia, and Australia, and the products are available in over 40 countries.
- Founded in 1959 in Affaltrach near Heilbronn
- 2,430 employees (as of 2020)
- 500 million euros sales (2020)
- 68 locations in the countries Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, France, UK, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, USA
- Hans Reichenecker (Chairman of the Supervisory Board)
- Rudolf Bezler
- Volker Stauch
- Stefan Kleemann (Chief Financial Officer, Head of Corporate Controlling)
- Thomas Mühleisen (Chief Digital Officer, Head of Corporate IT)
- Astrid Winkeler (Head of Corporate Communications and Global Support Marketing)
- Rainer Nawroth (Head of Corporate Human Resources)
- Kaja-Maria Pfeiffer-Heuser (Head of Corporate Purchasing)
- Dr. Klaus Falger (Head of Corporate SCIP)
- Oliver Donth (Head of Corporate Services and Logistics)
- Hermann Reichenecker (Chairman of the Management Board, President Packaging Division)
- Verena Reichenecker (Chief Executive Officer, President Molding Division)